1. Admission Schedule
Will be notified later. Please see Hostel Prospectus
2. Rules for Admission/Re-admission (Bold text has special ref to women applicants).
- Hostel accommodation is provided only to students admitted in Ramjas College as regular students and offered to those coming from outside Delhi. Students coming from Delhi's satellite towns/areas viz, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Loni, Ghaziabad, Bahadurgarh, etc. will not be considered for admission.
- Exceptions may be made in the case of women applicants with regard to the (3.2.1) above exclusion, subject to availability of seats, and on a case to case basis after scrutiny of the applicant's circumstances by the Hostel admission committee.
- Admission to the Hostel for the Ist year students of under-graduate courses will be made based on the academic merit that has determined admission to various courses in the College.
- With respect to admission for Ist year applicants, every course will be considered on priority basis; i.e. the topper of each course from among the applicants will be accommodated on priority. Where admission to the College is made based on an admission test, admission to the Hostel will be made strictly on the basis of overall rank.
- A student seeking admission to the Hostel should apply on the prescribed form available from the Hostel office.
- Students seeking admission in the Hostel will be interviewed by a Committee comprising the Warden and representatives from the teacher. The Hostel committee will finalize the list of students to be admitted to the Hostel and the decision of the Committee shall be final in this regard. The College reserves the right to deny admission to the Hostel to a candidate without assigning any reasons.
- At the time of admission, the applicant and his/her parents/guardian shall be required to give an undertaking for good conduct, payment of dues in time, adherence to College/Hostel rules to be enforced from time to time. For women applicants, parents/guardians must also nominate (with signature attested and verified) a local guardian, and also provide his/her photograph (please refer to 5.13).
- On being selected for admission to the Hostel in the 1st list, students must pay the fee and other dues as per dates specified and must shift within seven days and reside in the Hostel, failing which his/her admission shall be cancelled . Vacancy, if any, shall be filled by the Hostel Committee and notices to such effect shall be put on the Hostel notice board from time to time.
- A certain percentage of seats will be available for the reserved c a t egor i e s ( SC/ ST, Physically Challenged, Sports persons, foreign students etc) as decided by the University and other appropriate Bodies of the College/ University and by the Hostel Committee from time to time.
- Admission to the Hostel cannot be claimed as a matter of right by those who have been residents in the preceding years. There will be no automatic admission to the Hostel in the 2nd and 3rd years.
- A Hostel seat in the 2nd year and 3rd year will be allotted considering performance of the resident in the previous class. Performance will be determined by giving weightage to the following:
- Attendance in lectures, tutorials and laboratory
- Internal Assessment
- Mid-Term Examination
- Performance in the University Examination
- Discipline in College & Hostel
- Participation in the community life of the College & Hostel
- Warden's recommendation
- Recommendation of the Department stating clearly the ranking of the student in the College and in a comparative perspective.
No residents shall be deemed to have satisfied the required conditions in respect of his / her status as such unless, in addition to the requirements regarding attendance, performance in the Mid-Term Examination, and the University Examination, he / she is able to satisfy the Principal of the College by exemplary good conduct and discipline.
The Principal shall have and shall be deemed always to have the power to detain a student in the same class in which he has been studying or not to send him up for the University Examination or strike off the name of the student from the College rolls.
- The list of candidates admitted to 2nd year and 3rd year classes will be notified on the notice board and fresh allotment of the rooms announced.
- Any student admitted to the Hostel who changes his course of study in the College ceases to be resident of the Hostel.
3. Residents are required to vacate their rooms within five days of their last University examination and hand over the keys of their rooms to the warden, failing which, they would not be admitted to the Hostel the following year even if otherwise eligible. The Principal/Warden is authorized to remove their belongings in the room if any, and put an official lock.
4. Any resident who ceases to be on the rolls of Ramjas College shall not be allowed to retain his/her seat in the Hostel.