The College today boasts of a spacious campus, state-of-the-art infrastructure and an esteemed faculty of scholars trained at leading universities in India and abroad.
Each student seeking admission in the College has to accept the condition that the College reserves the right to deny admission to any student without assigning any reason whatsoever.
The College further reserves the right, as approved by the Staff Council, that no student who has been found guilty of gross misconduct/indiscipline or against whom any inquiry is pending for gross misconduct/indiscipline shall be admitted to the College in any year of study
As per Ordinance XV-B of the University of Delhi, at the time of admission every student shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission, he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdictions of the Principal and other authorities of the University who may be vested with the authority to exercise discipline under the Act, the Statutes, the Ordinances and the Rules that have been framed there under by the University and the College. Thus, while the College authorities have a tradition of tempering firmness with a reformative approach, punishment for misconduct/indiscipline, ragging and eve teasing, may include expulsion from the College and rustication from the University. In the past, the Discipline Committee of the College has not hesitated to recommend such extreme forms of action. Such an undertaking on admission is to be counter-signed by the parent/guardian of the student.
Students admitted to the College Hostel would be required to bring their parent/local guardian along with them to the Warden and Principal to give such an undertaking in their presence.
The applicant must satisfy the eligibility conditions given in the Bulletin of Information published by the University of Delhi and Admission Policy of the College.
The applicant must have passed in 2013, the Senior School Certificate (10+2 Scheme) Examination of C.B.S.E. or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the University of Delhi.
- As per the recommendation of the Executive Council of the University of Delhi, there is no minimum age for admission to Undergraduate Courses and Post-Graduate Courses in the University and its Colleges, except in Professional Courses where regulatory body prescribe minimum age requirement (such as MCI, AICTE etc).
- The College offers English as a medium of instruction in all courses.
- Application for admission to under-graduate courses in the College that include certificates/mark sheets from examination bodies other than those prescribed above, shall not be entertained by the College without production of an ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE issued by the University of Delhi.
- Students who have passed 11-year schooling examination are not eligible for admission to any undergraduate course of the College.
- The College does not admit students to the 2nd year class in any course.
- There is reservation of seats for members of the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ OBC, children of war-widows and physically-challenged students as per University rules.
- Some seats are reserved in each course for foreign students. These seats are filled on the recommendation of Advisor, Foreign Students, University of Delhi. However, this reservation will not be open to those foreign students who have passed the qualifying examination for the purpose of admission to the University from an Indian Board/University in India.
- Relaxation to the extent of 5% in minimum marks will be given to the nominees of the Nepal Government/Royal Government of Bhutan to determine their eligibility for admission to the course concerned.
- Students admitted in 1st Year in the academic session 2012-2013 in any institution/college shall not be admitted to 1st year in the academic session 2013-2014 under any circumstances.
- For more details consult the ‘Guidelines for Admission’ for the year 2013-2014 document framed by the College Staff Council available on college website/Admission Bulletin university of delhi 2013-2014.
Admission to the MA/MSc/MCom courses is done through the respective Faculty of Arts/Science/Commerce, University of Delhi. Students seeking admission to such courses are first required to register themselves with the Faculty of Arts/Science/Commerce. The College will receive applications only from those students who have registered themselves and obtained an admission slip from the respective Faculties. Further information may be obtained from either the office of the University Department concerned or the respective Faculty of Arts/Science/Commerce of the University.
- The application form shall be filled in completely, duly signed by the applicant. If any incomplete, wrong or misleading information is provided by the applicant, his/her admission could be cancelled.
- The decision of the College regarding admission shall be final.
- At any stage, the College may stop receiving applications for admission to any of the courses without giving any prior notice.
- No reply to enquiries/application for admission will be sent by post. All information concerning the admission process will be displayed on the College Notice Board from time to time.